- An engaging learning experience with flexible scheduling options and virtual classrooms
- Content developed by practicing clinicians and brought to life by instructional designers
- Medically accurate information on all methods, including clinical IUD practicum
- Up to 6.25 CME/CE contact hours
How We Work
We provide patient-centered training and technical assistance to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), hospital systems, state and local health departments, and more – all at no cost to our partners.
- Access to contraceptive protocols that increases single-visit access to all methods
- Customized billing and coding guides for financial and clinical staff
- Assistance with contraceptive stocking and supplies
- Support for integrating pregnancy intention screening questions into care and EMRs
- High-quality patient education materials in multiple languages
- Training includes patient-centered education techniques, how to identify and address bias, and the history of reproductive coercion in the U.S.
- Shared Decision Making model allows patients and providers to make healthcare decisions together
- Patient surveys to understand patient experience of care quality
- Pre- and post-training surveys to measure staff and clinicians knowledge
- Complimentary access to specialized data partners for unique care delivery insights
If not for Upstream, we would not be here today. I always get very emotional about that. We have patients who have nowhere else to go, who have traveled hundreds of miles to see us. When you see their gratitude, and the control they now have over their lives so they can pursue their dreams, it makes it all worthwhile. Everything changed for the better after Upstream – we just need more of you down here.Carolina Cogdill CEO, Haven Health in Amarillo, TX, a Federally Qualified Health Center
Upstream has positively contributed to our overall success and improvements by providing high-quality guidance, training and implementation to our team at the Wellness Center. Through Upstream’s vision and commitment to our success, we now have a contraceptive management program in place to carry us forward in providing the highest level of care for those we serve.Denise Walker Director of Chehalis Tribal Wellness Center in Washington State
This initiative is frankly one of the most exciting things that I have been involved in since I started in medicine, because of the fact that it truly addresses a problem at its source, empowers those affected, and has such significant ‘downstream’ effects on women, their partners and families, and ultimately society, by allowing women to have children only when they want to.Dr. Tom Stephens Chief Medical Officer, Westside Family Healthcare in Delaware, a Federally Qualified Health Center
Benefits of Partnering with Us
We support our partners in offering the best contraceptive care to their patients – so that every patient leaves feeling respected, well-informed, and that their needs have been met.
Our program comes with $25,000 – $50,000 grants to help offset the cost of staff time spent on the program.
Our dedicated Upstream team tailors our program to fit your busy schedules and technology capabilities – ensuring a cohesive experience for the whole team, and time spent on areas where support is most valuable.
Our training is CME-accredited, and often a highlight for our partners. Your staff can receive credits towards their professional development goals, while learning alongside health care professionals from across the country.
Our Impact & Scale
Upstream is on a trajectory to reach health centers that serve more than 1 million patients annually across the U.S. To date, we have partnered with health centers across Delaware, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas, and Washington. We now offer our training program and technical assistance to health centers across the country.