How do I use it?
You need to use an External Condom or Internal Condom every time you have sex to prevent pregnancy. External Condoms cover the penis during sex. Internal Condoms are inserted into the vagina like a tampon.
How effective is it?
External Condoms are 87% effective at preventing pregnancy. Internal Condoms are 79% effective at preventing pregnancy.
What I might like...
- You will be using the only birth control method that protects against STIs
- You can get them at most convenience stores and pharmacies
- You don’t need a prescription to get them
- This method won't affect your milk supply if you are breastfeeding
What I might dislike...
- You have to use them every time you have sex
- You need some practice to use them right
- You might get an allergic reaction if you’re allergic to latex, but there are other types available
- You need to check expiration dates