How do I use it?
It usually takes 5-10 minutes for a provider to place the Non-hormonal IUD into your uterus. Non-hormonal IUDs are long-lasting. It can work for up to 10 years, (12-years, off-label).
How effective is it?
Non-hormonal IUDs are 99% effective at preventing pregnancy.
What I might like...
- You can get it removed by a provider at any time
- You may be able to get pregnant as soon as it's taken out
- You can use it as emergency contraception, off-label
- You might like that it's hormone-free
- You can get it placed immediately after giving birth
- This method won't affect your milk supply if you are breastfeeding
What I might dislike...
- You might get heavier periods and cramping
- You might feel discomfort during placement and removal
- You won't be protected from STIs