How do I use it?
The Pull-Out method is a way to prevent pregnancy by pulling the penis out of the vagina before ejaculation. You need to pull out every time you have sex to prevent pregnancy.
How effective is it?
The Pull-Out method is 80% effective. Pulling out can be difficult to do perfectly. When combined with another method it is more effective at preventing pregnancy.
What I might like...
- You don’t need a prescription, purchase, or provider visit to use this method
- You can start and stop using this method on your own
- This method won't affect your milk supply if you are breastfeeding
What I might dislike...
- Pre-ejaculate can contain sperm, which means pregnancy could occur if it enters the vagina
- You need to have clear communication and trust with your sexual partner to use this method
- You may not like the feeling of pulling out during sex
- You won’t be protected from STIs