How do I use it?
It usually takes 1-2 minutes for a provider to place the Implant under the skin of your upper arm. The Implant is long-lasting. It contains the hormone progestin and it works for up to 3 years, (5-years, off-label).
How effective is it?
The Implant is more than 99% effective at preventing pregnancy.
What I might like...
- You might get lighter periods or no periods
- You may be able to reduce your period cramps and PMS
- You might like that it’s estrogen-free
- You can get it removed by a provider at any time
- You may be able pregnant as soon as it’s taken out
- For most people, progestin wont affect your milk supply if you are breastfeeding
What I might dislike...
- You might have irregular periods or no periods
- You might feel discomfort during placement and after removal
- You won’t be protected from STIs
- You might get headaches, weight changes, breast tenderness, and mood changes. This typically improves with time.