How do I use it?
The Patch is a thin square that sticks to your skin like a bandage. It releases the hormones estrogen and progestin to prevent pregnancy. You change the patch once a week.
How effective is it?
The Patch is 93% effective at preventing pregnancy. You are not protected from pregnancy if the Patch has been off for more than 48 hours, and some medications can make it less effective.
What I might like...
- You can get lighter periods
- You might have reduced cramps and reduced PMS
- You can decide whether or not you’d like to have a period
- You can clear up your acne
- You place and remove it yourself
What I might dislike...
- You won’t be protected from STIs
- You may experience spotting between periods for the first few months
- You may get skin irritation
- You might get headaches, weight changes, breast tenderness, and mood changes the first few months
- The patch only comes in one color
- Estrogen might affect your milk supply if you are breastfeeding